Easy Burlap Placemats

Posted by Unknown
Seriously....these placemats were so easy to make! If you can sew a straight line, you can make these. I was inspired to do my spring table last year by Thrifty Decor Chick's awesome table.  Here is how my table ended up looking.....


Here is what I did:

I used a different placemat to measure and cut my burlap and a lining layer.

I used brown velvet ribbon that I got at Hobby Lobby (half off, of course), folded it in half and ironed it down.


Then I just slid the burlap and liner layer in between the folded ribbon, pinned it down and sewed each side.




And I ironed the finished placemat one last time.

And these made a great back drop for my little Dollar Tree birds in bowls!


So what do you think?  This would be an easy beginner project for anyone who wants to try their hand at sewing! 


I am linking my placemats here:

Photobucket
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/






 
 





Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special
 

Copyright © 2009 garden lights | Design by [blogger merak dua]